A Favorite Quote:

"We are made of 'Star-Stuff.' We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." --Carl Sagan

05 November 2008

Whew...

...I know... it was a landslide. But still, when I think back to 2004 I can't help but feel like we just dodged a bullet. One thing's for sure, the new president has his work cut out for him. A lot of people are expecting him to work magic with the economy. I hope that Obama can get it across to them that there are no easy quick fixes for this mess. After all it took eight years to get us here.

I thought Obama's speech was quite good. However, I was a little disappointed by this line:

It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled.

I know it was just wishful thinking, but I half expected him to include "atheists" in the list. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

No comments: